Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 4th

The dilemma. I have never willingly attended any of the "Merdeka" celebrations back home. Save for one dreadful year when I had to march around town along with my fellow BB members. The things I did for the sake of having a good participation in the compulsory co-curricular activities. Yet here I am, attending a July 4th celebration for the second time. Well, to be fair, it's a kinda relaxing and enjoyable affair.

It's a free concert by the Houston Youth Symphony Orchestra at an outdoor theater complete with cannons and fireworks as well. I have attended the same concert the year before but was unprepared. Both food and photography equipment. This year though, we planned a picnic under the stars accompanied by the beautiful music and I brought along a tripod.

The Miller Outdoor Theater where the celebration was held.

Men, load the cannons!

The whole celebration was civilized and nice. No "mat rempits" with flags sticking out the back of their bikes speeding. No "merdeka" race on the streets. My proudest achievement of all. My first set of barely presentable fireworks photos. I do know that there's much room for improvement but I'm just plain happy that they ended up looking presentable.


I think this looks like dandelions.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice, where is this? USA?

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com