Monday, February 9, 2009

Pissed Off!

Was buried with work throughout the entire Chinese New Year. The biggest celebration for the Chinese just went by without me noticing it. Although it's not my first time away from home during CNY, it's my first in a foreign land without any sign of CNY celebration at all!
All my previous experience of CNY away from home were during my Uni years where I had to stay back because I need to compensate for my lack of intelligence with hardwork in preparation for tests. However, I still manage to taste a piece of CNY through delicacies brought back for me by Rain.

My celebration of CNY this year was only marked by two small "makan" and a tummyache after one of them.

Well, that explains the long absence.

What am I pissed off about? Not CNY definitely. First, it's all the brou-ha-ha of the political scene back in my home state. Don't these fellas have better things to do? The economy is going down the drain, but the fellas are still playing the ostrich game of sticking heads into the sand assuming the problem will just vanish on its on. But then, who am I to say anything as I do not believe in politics at all. And the most recent events just re-affirmed my belief ( or rather disbelief) in politics.

The second thing is that my home trip will be delayed again. Sigh. According to schedule I was supposed to be home during Christmas. Due to work requirements, I had to stay and complete the work as the project is supposed to be installed early February. In January, I was told it'll be postponed to mid of February, dashing my hopes (and someone else's of course) of being back in February. By February, it was postponed again to end of February. Finally, this morning I got the news that it's most likely going to be in March. Really pengsan! There goes all my plans on having a hometrip in early March. I know Rain's probably feeling quite frustrated with all these postponement. Sigh... what to do? That's how my current work is going to be. On hindsight, I should've gone home during Xmas.

I'm crossing my fingers now hoping not to get pissed off by anything again in February! Too much surprises!

4 comments:

iamthewitch said...

That's a bummer! Hopefully you get to go home soon ya! Good luck!

Yin Hoon said...

Never mind. Rain is going over for a visit soon, isn't she?

meifong said...

It's painful but at least March is not too far away..

CY said...

yinhoon: yup she's coming over for a visit soon :)

meifong: :). It's the uncertainty that's annoying. Gone are the days when I can book my holidays 1 year in advance.