Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh no!

I just got back my pre-assignment medical checkup results. The report ain't a pretty sight. My lifestyle here in US is taking a toll on my health. Especially during the colder autumn and winter season.

My results came back with two highlights, poor performance on a step test (where they check my heart rate during a simple exercise session) and high cholesterol levels. :(

I have to admit, my lifestyle is not really healthy for quite some time now. Ever since autumn, I've been skipping my weekly exercise. It doesn't help that outside food is extremely unhealthy here and I've been eating out during lunch for quite some time. So, in order to motivate myself, I'm going to stick that health report in the bathroom mirror. Hoping that everytime I look at that health report it will motivate me to exercise, eat healthier etc. Pray that I'll have the discipline to stick to it and when I have my checkup the next year it won't be bad news anymore. :)

6 comments:

iamthewitch said...

Hmm eating out doesn't mean unhealthy. You could always choose to eat just Salad. :) Just stay away from oily and fried stuff!

Bamboo said...

Erm... how are you going to be able to use the mirror if you cover it with a paper? :P

Yin Hoon said...

I think the food in the US (except fast food of course) should be healthier as their awareness is higher. Try skip fast food and select organic food instead. And of course, you have to exercise hehe...

Rain said...

No Hagen Daaz, no bacon, no ice-creams and lots of exercise..
It depends on how badly you wanna cut down your meat intake and stay healthy

For health sake, Gambate!! :)

CY said...

witch: salad? might as well eat at home then if i'm just gonna eat some raw vege.

bamboo: there's too many mirrors in the bathroom alrd... one less is still ok... somemore nothing to see in the mirror except to shave and comb hair.

yinhoon: awareness is higher? u should see the amount of ppl with obesity, heart probs, diabetes and stuff like that here in US. It's shocking

Rain: haiz...my comfort food all gone now. have to stay healthy so that can come back malaysia and eat fried hokkien mee with lard!

CS & Pearl said...

Aiyo, go swimming with me at the gym lah cousin!