Sunday, June 14, 2009

Long Vacation in USA - Part 4 - Mickey Land

I should not be the one writing this post for I have no love for that old rat. Nevertheless, I have no choice just as I had no choice but to include Disneyland in my itinerary. The first place that crosses Rain's mind when planning her trip to US is Disneyland. It seemed that the idea of a hairy & sweaty dude beneath that Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Daisy/Pluto/Goofy costume is not a deterrent.

The Disneyland in Los Angeles is said to be the first Disneyland in the world. That being said... it actually just meant that it's old. I was told that the size is nothing compared to Disney World in Orlando. On top of that, I've already been to Los Angeles before. Therefore this stop in Los Angeles is purely to satisfy the inner child in Rain.

Well, reluctant as I was, I'm actually glad we made that trip. Especially when we were going through Haunted Mansion, Snow White's scary adventure and all other mildly scary/adventurous rides. It's like all those movies I saw where the guy purposely bring the girl to a scary movie in order to "take advantage" of her fright. Hehehehe...


Happy face that didn't last very long. Funny how these things can scare someone who used to shout out march commands during secondary school.


The Haunted Mansion. Love this ride!

Anyways, here are some pictures of the happy moments before Snow White scare the living daylights out of Rain!


Right after the entrance. That's the town center railway station.


Bunch of characters in a truck. Right after the legendary character showcase in front of the castle.


There...snow white and her castle. :P


Or is it Arthur? Alas...not the chosen one.


Remember this sight. Avoid it at all cost! This ride is known as "It's a small world" with the song "It's a small world" as the theme song. Being played back in different languages repeatedly for ETERNITY! Trust me..run away while you can. Once you are in, you'll have to spend an eternity in it being brainwashed with that blasted song...in every freaking language!!!!!

Of course, the loveliest part of Disneyland is actually the Toon Town. It's like being transported into a scene of Disney's classic cartoons. Nostalgic.


Ahh... Toon Town, Rain was having so much fun here she almost didn't want to go anywhere else.


This place is kinda nice actually, with talking mailboxes and screaming doors.


Damn, busted. And what's with the kid? Am I hallucinating? Am I seeing double?


Taking a pic with Mickey in Disney is a must do. So well, here it is.

We were told that the highlight of any Disneyland visit would be the fireworks at night around the Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Alas, we were in LA. One of the places worst hit by the economic recession. NO FIREWORKS. Period. In its place is a kinda lame parade. Sigh.....



The crowd waiting waiting for the parade to begin. Spot the odd one!


Cute balloons.


Parade of toon characters.


The sky. Without any fireworks...sigh....

The next morning, we manage to catch a few sights in Hollywood before setting off on our journey along Pacific Coast Highway.


Self explanatory. See here and here for more LA pics from my previous trip.


Never knew that American Idol is held here, until Rain told me about it (I know I'm very out).

1 comment:

iamthewitch said...

Mickey Mouse is a MOUSE not a RAT. :P