Friday, December 5, 2008

Lazy Bones, Recession & Wedding Bells.

It's been quite some time since I last updated this blog. I actually have quite some material to write about... mainly to share some pics on my trips to Dallas and San Antonio. I even went to the tallest building in Downtown Houston for a view of the Houston skyline and to the newest park in Downtown Houston. Alas all these pics are sitting in my PC waiting to be edited and re-sized. I really have to put a post-it note somewhere on my PC to remind myself to edit those pics.

The reason for these lazy bones?

I was so tired after work everyday, staring at the glaring monitor >9 hours a day. With the gloom of economic recession, everyone has to be in top performance yet face the uncertainty of a pay raise, bonus or even a job. This can be really depressing. With each passing day, the bad news get worse. Reading the newspaper is kind of like a listening to a doomsayer. Well, we can't do anything about the recession other than be prepared for the worst and pray for the best.

These two-weeks had been especially hectic for me. I've been rushing through a lot of things at work. Partly due to the fact that I'll be taking a couple of days off work for a short vacation and mostly because I have to wrap things up before the coming holiday season.

Talking about seasons... what's up with everyone? It seemed like this year and the next is the season for marriage. My long time friend, SY is getting married on 27th Dec, ex-classmate, YT on 28th Dec, another ex-classmate, CM a couple of weeks ago, a friend proposed to the girlfriend/soon-to-be-wife a month back and finally hot news which came to me yesterday... my friend/sec. school senior WJ is getting hitched sometime mid next year. Phew... what a long list! Well, since I knew of all this occasions, was invited to some of these but would not be able to attend any due to geographical constrains, here's a big CONGRATULATIONS! to all of you. Wishing you all a happy and blissful life together!

Well, that's about it I guess. Perhaps after my coming vacation and with the Christmas holidays, I'll have plenty of time to prep those pics and tell the story of my travels.

2 comments:

iamthewitch said...

Haha that's funny... When I saw your title with Wedding Bells, I thought you're going to announce yur own wedding :P Anyway,I agree, tis the season of weddings! Burning a hole in my pocket indeed. :P

CY said...

witch: after you! you're the one who got the bouquet after all.