Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oops..it's gone!

I have a date with my coursemate, Esther today. I planned to get some dresses for the coming wedding dinner marathon. 3 wedding dinners in one week. Esther recommended me to go to her friend's boutique in PJ uptown. So, I went to pick her up and off we go to PJ uptown..

While I was parking my car at PJ uptown, I accidentally hit the road curb. Esther noticed that my car plate was a bit loose.. She said " Hey, your car's plate seems loose. Will it fell off?" I examined the plate... it was really loose.. but I was thinking...may be can just fix it with some double sided tape when I get home.

So, we happily went for lunch.. We had a great time catching up with each other. After the lunch, we went to her friend's boutique as planned... We tried on lots of dress... Hmm.. I can't recall how much I tried, may be more than 15 pieces.. At last, I ended up buying two pieces of dress which both Esther and her friend think I looked good in.. and I like the dresses as well..

After bidding farewell with Esther's friend, we head to the Curve for another round of shopping..
I totally forgot about the car plate thingy... So, I didn't make an effort to check whether it is still there or not...

We continued shopping... followed by dinner at Itallianees... Hmm.. my favourite Italian food..
We ordered the pasta promotion which consists of 4 types of pasta of our choice and a Caesar salad. Satisfying dinner... pasta and lots of cheese and tomato sauce... Yummy :)

While waiting for our food to be served, we posed for some pics :p

So good, So much , So share! Sure we've gotta share.. the portion is too big for one person


The pasta promotion set

Pasta and Caesar salad..

After filling up our tummy, we tried to look for a santa hat for Esther's nephew..But to our disappointment, there are no santa hat for babies for sale... May be they assume babies don't celebrate Xmas?

So, we decided to go home after the tiring walk.. When I reached my car, I still do not notice the car plate..

After sending Esther home, I headed straight home. When I reached home, I have an instant instinct to check the car plate if it's still there... And it's gone!!!!! When did I lose it?? Where did I lose it? I totally have no idea!!!Sigh... clumsy me...

After this incident, I learnt that never wait until it's too late.. Now that it's gone, I cannot recover the plate anymore.. I can make a difference when I realized that it is loose and going to fall off... But I never take action.. I take for granted and assumed that it will last a little bit longer.. perhaps until I get home.. Sigh.. Now it's too late... and I need to pay for a new car plate.. :(

3 comments:

CY said...

Poor thing. That only means one thing... you are too focused on your shopping spree.

prince~k said...

i can give you a new number plate! one of my family businesses!

Rain said...

CY: Hehe.. may be gua.. Lucky can get it done by Monday

Prince K: Hmm.. how much normally u guys charge for one plate? They charge me RM 15 for the plate and numbers..