Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow in Houston!

It's kinda like a miracle of sort. For those uninitiated, weather in Houston is freaky. It could be a shivering 4deg C one day and a toasty 24degC the next. However, it almost never snowed in Houston. But there it was, on 10th of December. The day before I went for my first winter vacation, the day before I went to see natural snow and have fun in powder for the first time. I had a wonderful preview of snow in Houston.

Being a snow virgin, how can I pass off the chance of viewing a snowfall. It was a chilly 0deg C afternoon, and I went down the office block to see it. It was barely visible in the sunlight. However by night, it had turned into an obvious snowfall.

Here's a couple of pics of my first snowfall to share. It might look pathetic to the real thing I saw in Colorado the next day, but still it's my first. :)









The last time it snowed on in Houston was four years ago on Christmas Eve. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a white Christmas in Houston this year, but I don't think miracles happen that frequently.

3 comments:

iamthewitch said...

I'm a snow virgin too! I wanna see snow as well!!!

Bamboo said...

there are snow in Mines Wonderland :P

prince~k said...

two weeks ago, newcastle was covered with two inches of snow! once the snow started to melt, you wont enjoy it!