Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hawker Food!

Oh the joy! The rumbling of stomach, the dripping saliva at the mere mention of Malaysian Hawker Food! I guess any of you, Malaysians who are stranded in a foreign country (especially those not within South-East Asia) would agree with me on this. Such was my feelings when I got to know that there's a Hawker Food Fair organized by the MSAH (Malaysian Singaporean Association of Houston).

The event was held at a pavilion in Bear Creek Park. One and half week ago.

There were loads of food to choose from. Hainanese chicken rice, curry mee, nasi lemak, kuih and others. Some looked and tasted better than others. As instinct dictates, I went for the longest queue. However, good stuffs really do sell fast. One hour is all it takes for the "Penang chee cheong fun" to be sold out. Lucky me, my cousin let me taste some and it was very nice indeed.


Penang CCF, chicken rice, fried stuffs and some kuih

I had myself a huge pack of nasi lemak, a bottle of water and 3 pieces of kuih. Being back in Malaysia not too long ago, the food to me was just average. However, it does satisfy my longing for hawker food!


My huge nasi lemak pack with beef rendang. Not hot enough and the rice is not really fragrant.


Stuffing myself up. I wish I ordered the hainanese chicken rice instead.

2 comments:

Bamboo said...

Ah, well, the 'substitute food' are just no match to the original ones :P

CY said...

haha...what can I say. The event is well intentioned... but nothing can compare to the original.