Monday, October 20, 2008

I Have to Admit ...

There's something that I have to admit. This strikes me as a rather surprising revelation.
We were traveling to Dallas for a weekend (will cover this later on), when the theme song from the movie "Notting Hill" (When you say nothing at all by Ronan Keating) lodged somewhere within the hundreds of songs in that MP3 CD was played. It brought back memories of this film as well as of the time when I saw this film. That night after we checked in to the hotel, guess what's on TV? ...It's the movie itself. Talk about coincidence.

It's now a boring Monday evening and I was longing for a good movie to watch. This reminds me of the movies that I've really liked. That's when I come to this revelation.

I hate to admit this, but I think I like sappy Brit films!

There are not many films that leave a good and lasting impression for me. Some might like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings or some other epic movies, but I like Brit films! I don't know if it's the accent or the fact that Malaysia is a former British colony. So, in order to share my love for Brit films, here's some which I really liked.

1. Love Actually
2. Four Weddings and A Funeral
3. Shakespeare in Love
4. Wimbledon
5. The English Patient
6. Notting Hill
7. Bend it like Beckham
8. Billy Elliot

Listed in accordance to my preference. Give it a try and see how you like them. Be warned though, sometimes it's kinda hard to understand the accent.

It should be easy to get your hands on these films in Malaysia. *wink*wink*

9 comments:

Yin Hoon said...

I've watched some of the movies in your list. Accent aside, some are quite nice (Skakespeare in Love, Notting Hill). But I'm really surprised Wimbledon is in your list. I find it boring :p

Bamboo said...

I watched Shakespeare in Love and Notting Hill only... din like them very much... actually forgot most of it d... Love Actually... the Chinese one got watch lah... didn't even heard of the English one... fantasy / sci-fi movies are still the best!!! Long live fantasy movies!!! :P

Rain said...

Love Actually is really a good movie.. I love how the story unfolds to relate all the 3 stories together in the end..

CY said...

yinhoon: Wimbledon is actually quite nice lah! But you really have to watch Love Actually.

bamboo: as expected from you, from the movie reviews that u made at your blog. but those movies never leave you feeling good after watching.

rain: hahaha... u are a sample of someone poisoned by me. :D

iamthewitch said...

Brit movies... you forgot the Holiday! Well, it's partially Brit too. I think that's my favourite. :P

Yin Hoon said...

After reading Mei Yee's comment, I started wondering how to classify whether a film is Brit or Hollywood... The production team? The actor and actress? Or the location?

Haven't watched Love Actually. Will try to find it :p

Yin Hoon said...

P.S. Maybe I'll give Wimbledon a second chance. So CY, I'm holding you responsible if I had to spend another 90 minutes yawning :p

CY said...

witch: Holiday? really? Give Love Actually a try... you'll think different about ur fave.

yinhoon: so how? how was ur 2nd 90 minutes with Wimbledon?

Yin Hoon said...

Just finished watching Wimbledon for a second time... and you know what? .............. I like it hahaha.....