Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Grand Opening!!!

After much procrastination and running out of TVB series to watch, I’ve finally made up my mind join my fellow established friends in the blogging world. With that I eagerly welcome all to the launch of *drum rolls* CY’s Foot Steps. I wanted this to be a place for me to chronicle my footsteps. Footsteps on staircases, “kaki lima”, gas pedals, sandy beaches.....footsteps on life’s path and footsteps left by others.

To begin I have to go back to the year 2005, recalling my final footsteps in the world of innocence, carefree and pocket money. It was really a vacation to remember, due to limited funds, four friends who have yet to embark on the rat race decided to have a final hurrah in Fraser’s Hill.

Each with different aspirations and vision come the following month, drove a long long way up to this cool and nostalgic town. And I do mean a long long way. For those uninformed, two winding roads lead to this single one way street up the town. The east and west side of the mountain range. On that fateful day, the western approach was closed due to landslide and we have to drive all the way to the other side of the Main Range (“Banjaran Bintang”)! A freaking 3 hours more journey!

However, the vacation was truly interesting, with re-enactment of horror films, embarrassing photo shoots and pushing the physical limits through hiking (well, it’s only my physical limits to be precise...the rest of the gang are perfectly fine). I still remembered that the vacation ended with us wondering when we will have the opportunity to vacation together again.

3 years and a couple of months down the road, all the four of us have yet to go on a vacation together. *Ahem*Ahem*..people, can we do something about this please?

All I have left now (in this PC at least) of this final footstep of a carefree world is this photo.






4 comments:

Yin Hoon said...

Welcome to the blogging world, my dear grandson! Is it possible to run out of TVB drama series to watch?! :p

P.S. Added you to my list of friends.

iamthewitch said...

Welcome indeed!! :)

CY said...

yin hoon: It is possible only for me bcoz I'm a very selective drama person to begin with.

to all: tq for the welcome. would try to update the blog often :).

meifong said...

Hi there, sorry i didn't realise you started this until last week! I have been away far too long. Anyway, have fun blogging!